Advocacy to unite voice of business
It can be hard to keep track of bureaucratic decisions, especially when you are busy, working hard running a business. We keep an eye on these issues for you, and make sure that you are regularly informed and updated.
- Advocacy and lobbying to central and/or local government to represent the interests of individual businesses or the interests of all members, as required.
- Liaison with Otara Papatoetoe Local board to improve Otara Town Centre area.
- Updating business community via monthly meetings on ongoing projects around centre.
Economic Development to help Otara community to grow
Otara Business Association is committed to enabling growth through liaison and partnerships with council and local government departments on your behalf.
- Liaison with Auckland Council, Panuku Development Auckland (a council-controlled organisation) & Otara Papatoetoe Local Board seeking to enhance the Otara area.
- Support for property owners and real estate agents in terms of filling vacant premises.
- Liaison with developers, seeking to create new amenities and commercial buildings.
Marketing & Promotions to grow your business
The more we focus on building Otara’s reputation as a destination, shining a spotlight on its many attributes, the more potential there is for your business to grow and prosper.
- Inclusion of members in the marketing of Otara as a shopping destination.
- Provision of an enhanced physical environment, through our work to beautify Otara (including the removal of rubbish, graffiti and tagging).
- Joint marketing projects with MIT, Otara Flea Market and the local community aiming to promote Otara as heart of Pacifica.
- Joint marketing with Manukau Institute of Technology, Auckland University of Technology and Private Training Establishment (PTEs), seeking to promote Otara as the education hub of the South.
- Design and installation of large signage on the Motorway exit and East Tamaki Road, welcoming visitors to our town centre.
- Provision of street flags at main intersections to promote Otara and celebrate annual events.
- Provision of regular promotional events.
Networking & Events to make the community stronger
- Free access to safety network meetings and community events, designed to help you increase your business knowledge and grow your business network.
- We also hold regular events with neighbouring BIDS, enabling members to share ideas and information.